Friday 25 March 2011

Less is More - Masculine


Just realised that this photo is a little wonky! Whoops!
I can assure you that the card itself isn't!

Over at Less is More this week the theme challenge is Masculine
this is my Masculine card.

I used the 'waste' from a Nestie cut out as a template to create the scalloped circular 'sky' background using distress ink


I then stamped the trees


and the mouse stamp, which I coloured with my Copics


finally adding the birthday wishes sentiment 
again stamped directly onto the card

12 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a really cute card Rachel. I love sponged backgrounds... and that little mouse is super!
Thanks for joining us once more!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

Super card Rachel, lovely images and great composition.

Seafield Jo said...

I love your card Rachel, the sponged background looks really effective. Jo x

Jenny said...

Thats a great effect to use a scalloped nestie waste to sponge through and your shading in the sky is very realistic. Love it x

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab scene .. love that little mouse
Lisa x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a great card, love how you have done this and the way the mouse if off the main circle.

TAM said...

Fabulous card love that little mouse

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card Rachel; I love how you've used the Nestie waste. xx

Mandi said...

Such a super card RAchel
FAB effect
mandi
"Less is More"

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is really a beautiful card Rachel. Super background with the little mouse. A fine composition.
Gr. Marja

Susan said...

I love the sponged background. I always throw away the negative part of my nestie cut...DUH! I won't throw them away anymore! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie said...

I love this card Rachel...perfect for a man :)