The details of the Altered tin that I made for the swap over on UK Stampers
The theme was wings
Glitter Monkey has now received the tin so I can share with the world :-)
This is the outside of the tin
and this is the inside.
Firstly I covered the tin using 12x12 paper.
I stamped the image, cut it out & then coloured the flesh areas with Copics.
The dress was painted with Distress crackle paint, weathered wood. The butterfly embellishment was securely glued using specialist metal glue.
I used crackle accents for the wings which I sprinkled with glitter whilst wet.
I used bronze 3D glitter-Gel for the hair to give colour & dimension.
The sentiment was stamped & mounted & the embellishment stars glued on & the bird secured with a toning brad fastened before gluing the sentiment down & snippets of lace popped on.
I used a key as a 'handle'
and managed to line up the paper properly on the top & bottom!!
The inside compartments were made in mount-board & coloured with alcohol inks,
as was the part of the tin not covered with paper.