Thursday 9 February 2012

February Postcard swap


The theme for the February postcard swap on UK Stampers is Circles.
After hearing the theme I couldn't get out of my mind the song Windmill's of your Mind which begins - Like a circle in a spiral, Like a wheel within a wheel, Never ending or beginning, On an ever spinning reel .......
So my postcard is based on this.


Firstly I used distress inks to do the background colour.
To make the dots in the spirals I used my cropodile to cut a circle from an old distress ink pad which I stuck onto the end of the wooden end of a paintbrush that I removed the metal end with the bristles - necessity is the mother of invention!
I then wrote the wording round the outside of the spiral.


And stamped tempus fugit across the middle


I used part of the free stamp from Craft Stamper magazine & emphasized the eyes,


 & the face again a freebie from Craft stamper with the lips emphasized.

I finished by adding circles using the same distress inks as the background.

2 comments:

salamanda said...

Fab dots and an ingenious way to create them

Angelnorth said...

I had that song in mind too but then went off in a different direction! Love your dotty spirals!