Saturday 11 February 2012

Heart on my Sleeve


Hearts are the theme on Sunday Stampers this week, in time for Valentines Day on Tuesday.

I cut my hearts out using my Sizzix primitive hearts from some Serendipity paper that I made a while ago - tutorial here. It was just perfect for the look I wanted to create. The paper itself contains stamping. I matted the hearts onto a grey bazil backing 


the dragonflies are stamped ........

I used a black pen to create the faux stitching - large & random


To finish I stamped the sentiment straight onto the card.

6 comments:

Kath said...

What a good idea to use up scraps of paper. I shall try this, thankyou. Nice card too.

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab card Rachel, loving the collaged hearts! thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper

hazel said...

A fabulous card, I love the serendipity hearts.
xxx Hazel.

Gerri Herbst said...

Fabulous card today. Brillant way to use scraps too!If you still want to play with my just email today. I am making the due date March 20th so there should be plenty of time for the post to arrive. Happy Valentines Day.take care, gerri

Deborah said...

A really cool Valentine. the big stitches look great!

Hazel said...

Super card - and I love the mix of colours of the red and pink card below - fab textured heart x