Friday 9 March 2012

Domino family book


Gingersnap Creations Challenge GC141 is Granny's Photo Album & this is my entry - a domino book featuring photo's of my family on the maternal side. This is the front.


and the back of the closed book.


The open book


and a close up of my Great Grandmother & Great Grandmother & Great Grandpa

I'm very lucky to have some fantastic old family photos to draw on which I reduced in size & printed out to use:-) Some I used whole & some I cut out.

I'd started to make this domino book for my Mum just before flying out to Oz so just packed it up, including bits that I thought that I may want to use & finished it off .....

I'm having problems with blogger - not allowing me to upload all the pic's I wanted to but hopefully those that have uploaded will give you the idea of my domino book.

I loved doing it & it was much appreciated by my Mum :-)

11 comments:

Kath said...

That is a lovely keepsake, Rachel. I have only recently heard of domino books. i asm sure your Mum loved it.

Angelnorth said...

Lovely domino book Rachel, a beautiful way to use some of the old family photos.

AngelicaS said...

Wow, love this!!!
I never tried to make a domino book, but i guess now is the time :)
Your domino book is beautiful!!!

Debi said...

gorgeous rachel, love that tortishell effect, debi x

trisha too said...

So lovely, Rachel!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome domino book! Love how you finished the cover!

Electra said...

I'll bet your Mum loved this!

Rachelxx said...

Thank you everyone. Mum loves her domino book & shows it to everyone who visits :-)

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow! This is totally gorgeous.

Connie said...

I love this Domino book, how clever, and charming. I also really like your February postcard. I'm looking forward to following your artful journey and sharing ideas. I',m your newest follower. Please accept my invitation to visit and hopefully follow my blog, too. Have a great day, Connie :)

Rachelxx said...

Thanks Marjie & Connie & welcome to my blog Connie :-)