Wednesday 15 September 2010

Man card


I know that I'm not alone, after talking to other crafting friends, in finding male cards quite difficult.

Here is my latest man card on a DIY theme. Could be appropriate for builders/mechanics/joiners maybe?


I used the 12x12 paper of sentiments in a denimy blue & brown colour combination & the ruler ribbon that I bought in Oz & 2 brown buttons from my sizable button collection!


I left a portion of white card which shows up the image of the tools that I printed out.


At the top of the card I used the checked 'manly' ribbon & the metal 'screw' buttons. The other paper used is again printed out.
I finished with the Happy Birthday sentiment in black ink on brown card. 


A bit of a change from the girlie hearts & flowers :-)

4 comments:

Creative Treasures said...

Fantastic card Rachel, i don't like making mens cards not unless i can stick a flower on it :)

Tracy
x

maddy hill said...

great card Rach - but you have managed to post it twice ya narna ! love ya x
ilove the brads and the tape - great look together.
love
maddy x

Rachelxx said...

Don't know how I managed that Maddy! bet I couldn't do it again if I tried! LOL Have rectified - I think!

Thanks Tracy - it's the embellishments that I find difficult on man cards as well :-)

Canne said...

fabulous card, where did you get the image?