Sunday 8 March 2009

50th Birthday Card



Today I managed to make a 50th birthday card for a family member. Just a bit of background to show where my thinking came from. He now works abroad but spent time in Weymouth as a young man in the Navy before leaving the Navy for the private sector hence the watery colours, map ref & planes & journey sentiments.







The 'You are here' sentiment I stamped onto white shrink plastic, remembered to put the hole in for the brad, heated & voila had my sentiment tile which i think works quite well. I inked the edges to tie in with the inked edges elsewhere on the card.

3 comments:

My craft space said...

Great card Rachel love it

luv Val xx

Hazel said...

Love the way you've made this so well to fit the person x

Rachelxx said...

Thanks ladies - I like to try & fit the person, especially on 'special' birthdays :-)