Monday 30 March 2009

Maddy & Rachel play!



Maddy & I actually had a crafty play in her craft room the other day & made this cute box from the instructions on here We had a lovely afternoon. It makes a change for us to actually do some crafting together for ourselves rather than for Sticky Fixers craft club :-)




Yesterday I used my new sizzix build a flower die that I bought at the Papercraft Fair at Harrogate on Saturday & used it to decorate the top of this cute box.




The faux 'ribbon' was made using Maddy's Martha Stewart punch, slightly offset on one side. I really want/need some of these gorgeous edging punches :-)

Edited to say that I forgot to say that one of the measurements on the box plan I had to revise - the 9 3/4 should be 9 1/2

10 comments:

Nikki said...

Lovely box.. and love the colour combination too...

Now I can see why people love those punches so much..

Hazel said...

This is gorgeous (might have to have a go at one) x

Kath said...

I love your box,Rachel. Lovely colours too AND I want one of those punches!!! Are the top and bottom the nestabilities one?

Kath x

Rachelxx said...

Thanks ladies - loved making it :-)

Have edited the post to say that one of the measurement needed revising.

The top & bottom are a Sizzix die Kath & we used mountboard rather than the card suggested. The box is nice & stable :-)

Kath said...

Ooh thank you Rachel. I will have to go and look for that one. I love it.
Kath x

Rachelxx said...

It's a really useful one Kath :-)

Jackie said...

Lovely box Rachel. I've got the punches and I love them :)

My craft space said...

I love it can we make one pleeeese
the colours are so nice.

love val xxx

Rachelxx said...

Thanks Jackie - I'm not jealous (much!!) I have to borrow Maddy's.


Your wish is our command Val :-)

maddy hill said...

fab box rach - thanks for the crafty week !
love maddy xxx