Saturday 1 January 2011

Nephews Xmas Present ......


Started out like this
A plain plastic box.


It was based on this Recipe box that I made a few years ago for my daughter.
This one was made from scratch using mountboard.


as this photo of the inside shows.


I used the same paper that I covered the box with to make these reinforced corners to the box for added protection.
I used my Go Slim Sizzix alphabet to cut the Recipe letters & inked them for toning colour.


I finished it with a cardboard fastener which I again inked.

So back to nephews pressie ........


Firstly I inked all over using my alcohol inks.
As he has just left home for Uni life I've kept things quite simple



I mounted the title onto a label cut & embossed using my Nestie die, the paper was cut at the same time as the mountboard then stuck on & the edges inked to blend in ...............


I random stamped all over the box with the cover stamp from the Jan issue of Craft Stamper magazine (cup & saucer) but didn't have chance to take a photo due to the absconding camera!!

and the finishing touch was the ribbon 
which brings the eye to the opening lip.

I made sections inside using mountboard 
and added a few recipes ...

The idea is that relatives & friends can add to the box & so can he :-)
No doubt the local takeaway numbers will be included!! :-)

2 comments:

camcraft said...

Stunning Rachel .... I am sure your Nephew was pleased with his gift from his very clever and ever so thoughtful Auntie :-)
Carole x

Rachelxx said...

Thanks Carole - males are definitely harder to craft for!