Tuesday, 9 June 2009
Push Pull Card Tutorial
I've had a few requests for the instructions for this Push/Pull card. So here you go
You will need :-
In addition to your usual basic craft kit
1 1/2 sheets of A4 size card
An A5 size card for matting
piece of plastic bag (I used a bit of a cello bag)
1) Take an A4 sheet of card portrait. Measure 13cms & cut.
2) Take the large piece & turn landscape & score (from left to right) at 2.5cms, 12cms, 21.5cms to give folds of 2.5 cms, 9.5cms, 9.5cms & 8cms.
3) Make 2 notches in the right hand side top & bottom by measuring 3cms from the bottom & 3cms from the last fold & 1cm deep, cut out notch.
4) Using a small circle punch cut a half circle in the middle of the first left hand side 9 cm portion.
5) Cut a strip of plastic bag (I used a cello bag) to fit between the notches & overlap slightly.
6) Secure between the notches so that it is snug but movable. I used double sided tape to secure.
7) Using the strip that was left at stage 1 place landscape & measure & cut at 11cm & 22cm.
8) Using the A5 piece of card matt onto the pieces of card as shown & stamp your image/sentiment.
9) Place the image so that it will be face down & secure onto the plastic with a glue dot or small piece of DS tape on the left hand side.
10) Fold up the bottom portion & secure image with another glue dot on the right hand side image face up.
11) Check that the mechanism works by pulling the images.
12) Fold up & secure with glue or DS tape.
13) Your project should look like this :-
14) Take the last 1/2 of card & fold in half
15) Attatch the mechanism part of the card to the folded card.
16) Add the ribbon with a brad to the pull out side underneath the half circle to give something to pull. Then embellish the card.
Hope you enjoy the project - it has lots of possibilities :-) ..........................................