Wednesday 29 June 2011

An inky fingers day!


Yesterday I had an inky day!
The theme over at Less is More this week is a sketch
I had an idea inspired by my new stamps but they were far too big! so I finally had a 'light bulb moment' & got out my neglected shrink plastic.
After a lot of playing around - note to self & a tip for others, read the instructions! & don't use dye ink - it smudges & rubs off, hence the very inky fingers!


I started out by just stamping the images & shrinking them.


Then added the touch of gold


and finally coloured the whole image


The background was made using distress inks, firstly I used the browny colours & then used the blue after thinking of airmail envelopes :-)  This was then stamped with the postal cancellation stamp
& the shrink plastic images popped on top.


I chose the sentiment Celebrate as I thought the cards could be used for various occasions & stamped this straight onto the card.

So I ended up with 3 cards on this theme :-)




16 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely, what a splendid idea

Kathyk

Fiona said...

Very resourceful, I love your card.

Debs M said...

what a great effect x

Suze Bain said...

Great cards, very original (and you've definitely had more success with shrink plastic than I have, Lol) xx

Carol said...

Great cards, wonderful idea. Must remember your tip if I ever get around to using my shrink plastic! Carol x

Jenny said...

Oh wow I love this Rachel, the collage style strip is great :)
Jenny x

Chrissie said...

Super job Rachel.. I love this one!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

a good take on the sketch

Angelnorth said...

Fab take on the sketch, love these!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

so original, love the the shrink plastic, will have to get mine out, if I can find it lol

craftytrog said...

Wonderful interpretation of the sketch Rachel! x

Zoechaos said...

Neat love it XOXO Zoe

Heather said...

I love it when I see a really imaginative interpretation of the sketch. Yours is brilliant. I love the sepia/vintage tones.

Mandi said...

Great take on our sketch RAchel
Love the inked backgrounds. something I don't really do as I hate to get ink on my nails/fingers lol
Thank you
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Maja said...

Very inventive idea. Love it!

Susan said...

Very creative with this card! Love it!
My Card