Wednesday 15 June 2011

LIM - In the Frame


This week it should be simpler as we have a definite CAS challenge... 
it's ONE LAYER WEEK again.

Our challenge is entitled 
IN THE FRAME
We would like to see a frame of some sort or something in a frame... we'd like you to be as inventive as you like.

This is the first effort for this challenge.
The stamp provides it's own frame :-)
All I had to do was colour it!


which I did with my Copics


I then stamped the sentiment straight onto the card.





This is my second attempt.
I've treated the frame as an image in itself.


I used 2 different but similar gel pens to colour in the frame, 
this gives a bit of depth to the image.
I can't get it to photograph but the gel pens give a sheen to 
the colour, & shine in sunlight.
To finish I positioned & stamped the sentiment directly onto the card.

Working on a couple more ideas atm......
Will see if they work out....



16 comments:

Carol said...

Two great cards, love the flowers stamp. Carol x

G Peplow said...

Hi Rachel, Gorgeous colouring on your pretty cards, love both but the first is a WOW, such colours, Gay xxx

joanne wardle said...

beautiful, rachel. lovely colouring

Meggymay said...

Both cards are beautiful, I love the floral one, the colours are gorgeous. Yvonne

Chrissie said...

These are great and I can't wait to see what the ideas transpire into!
Thanks so much for two great submissions.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Maribel said...

Beautiful two cards, I like the first with the glass, the colors are fabulous.Maribel

Mandi said...

Both super card Rachel
FAB colouinrg, love the effect you have created with he celtic heart
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Claire said...

Two fabby cards hun - paticularly love the floral one. Hugs, Claire x

Suze Bain said...

Two fabulous cards. Love the simplicity of the second one and the vibrant colours of the first. xx

Susan said...

Rachel, such pretty coloring on your cards! Love them both!
My Card

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is so pretty!

Lucy x

Paula Whittaker said...

2 wonderful cards for the challenge!

Kathyk said...

Two lovely cards but I do love the purple one

Kathyk

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 great cards. I love the vibrant colour on the first one, and the second one is just so elegant.
Caroline xxx

SannaS said...

beautiful elegant cards!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both lovely cards