Thursday 2 June 2011

LIM Pick a square Twice!

The Less is More challenge this week is a recipe


PICK A SQUARE 
        For our challenge this week we have a multiple choice.... well sort of ... you can choose which of the 5 SQUARES from our plan you wish to use to place the image of your card, leaving the rest as PURE WHITE SPACE!
The image may overflow the area slightly if necessary  and the sentiment, should you choose to use one, may extend outside the area also, but it should be obvious exactly which area of the card you have chosen to fill.
" We will allow a rectangle, but, following the strict guidelines as the squares "





I picked bottom right as placement.


I stamped the sentiment & cut it out
then stamped the rose image, cut it out & coloured it with my copics, placing it behind & in front, twining round the sentiment


I then gave a bit of colour to the sentiment using my chalks taking it over & around the sentiment onto the card.
To finish I coloured over the sentiment words with a green Copic pen.


And next


For my second card I chose the top left placement.


The image was stamped in brown ink & again I used my copics to colour the fairy & the background I chalked.
I went over the wings with my new marker


it is clear but adds a sparkle so the base colour shows through 
& in the light it twinkles :-)
I also added Stickles around the edge of the wings.


To finish I added the Smile sentiment which I cut out 
& chalked & added to the image 
& then stamped the Thinking of you sentiment straight onto the card. 

18 comments:

Kathyk said...

Two super cards. I use the Copic Atyou Spica pens - gold's a particular fave of mine

Kathyk

Rachelxx said...

They are new to me Kathy but I'm sure I'll be getting more now I've discovered them :-)

Sarah said...

Fabulous bold colour choices and great images!
Thanks for sharing,
Sarah at 281

Lynne said...

Two fabulous cards.
Lynne xxx

Suze Bain said...

Two super images Rachel and your colouring is great. Love the red rose. xx

Angela Weimer said...

2 very lovely cards. Love Spica pens especially on wings. thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Dolly Daydreams said...

Both are super with amazing colouring, you are a whizz with those chalks ! The stamps are fabulous who's are they I love them

Marie

Anonymous said...

2 wonderful cards indeed!

Susan said...

Two great cards! Love the first one with that beautifully colored rose!
My Card is HERE

Chrissie said...

I've not tried one of those pens but maybe I should ... it sounds like a great effect.
Thanks so much for these charming submissions.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Rachelxx said...

Hi Dolly Daydreams. The fairy stamp is Queens Dresser Drawers - Dream Girl, the rose is a wooden stamp & has no markings so I haven't a clue! The wording is Paper Artsy as is A Smile wording and the thinking of you is from a Personal Impressions set - Hope this helps :-)

Carol said...

Two great cards. Carol x

Liz McGuire, said...

two stunning cards, love your style,

Liz x

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely cards particularly the rose and that wonderful sentiment!
Val x

TAM said...

Two fabulous cards- like the sound of the Spica pens - must look out for them

Pauline said...

Two lovely cards, wonderful images and colouring on both of them.

G Peplow said...

Yes, love both, a lot of work went in here I can see, brilliant:0) xxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 fabulous cards. My fav is the first one... I just love the text with the little birds.
Caroline xxx